Blood pressure range for men
Blood pressure is a pressure the circulating blood presses on the walls of the blood vessels. Abnormal blood pressure and other cardiovascular pathologies are the main reason of chronic diseases in men that are associated with risks to the health.
High blood pressure (hypertension) is the most common cardiovascular pathology in men. It may cause an acute violation of blood circulation in the brain and an irreversible necrosis of heart muscle (stroke or heart attack). In hypertension, the blood pressure range for men is higher than for healthy men.
Men rarely have low blood pressure (hypotension), but it is as dangerous as hypertension is for the male body. Often hypotension is associated with heart disorders, dehydration of the body, intoxication (drugs, alcohol or medications overdose), large blood loss, etc. In hypotension, the blood pressure range for men is lower than for patients, who do not suffer from this disease.
Obviously, in a normal blood pressure, the male body can function maximally and effectively. To determine the real blood pressure range, the following terms are used:
- Systolic blood pressure (SBP)
- Diastolic blood pressure (DBP)
In simple words, SBP and DBP are the limits of upper and lower blood pressure range. There are different assessments of normal blood pressure ranges. Common indices may depend on the age and time of blood pressure measurement:
- Men under 50 years old: SBP - 108, DBP - 65 (daytime range)
- Men under 50 years old: SBP - 90, DBP - 48 (nighttime range)
- Men over 50 years old: SBP - 108, DBP - 65 (daytime range)
- Men over 50 years old: SBP - 87, DBP - 50 (nighttime range)
Abnormal blood pressure range for men can be a symptom of occurring or progressing diseases. These diseases should be timely diagnosed and cured. To normalize the blood pressure range men should use one or several drugs at once. Today, men can buy many effective and safe drugs at pharmacies.
Treatment of diseases, affecting the blood pressure range.
In order to cure hypotension or hypertension, you need to determine a cause of the disease firstly. The disease can be provoked by dysfunction of almost any organ or system in the body. The treatment intensity and properly chosen drugs allow to get out of the risk group, stabilizing and normalizing the blood pressure range for men.
It is important to know that if men buy the most expensive or the cheapest medications for arterial hypertension treatment, their effectiveness may be equal. To blood pressure range is improved, there is no difference which drug is used - either some brand or a generic drug. The most important thing is which ingredient was used and in what dosage.
Men, whose blood pressure range has changed, should not use different drugs. Often, changes in the blood pressure levels are not the complications of some disease. There are many external factors that affect the cardiovascular system, such as:
- Low level or lack of physical activity.
- Excessive physical activity, for instance in some kinds of sports.
- Adaptation to highlands conditions (lack of oxygen and decreased atmospheric pressure).
- Work in hot shops and physical activity in tropics or subtropics (excessive sweating).
- Sharp decrease of the volume of circulating blood (blood loss, trauma or burns).
Mental state and number of stressful situations are among the main factors, affecting the blood pressure range for men. These factors are: psychological traumas, chronic lack of sleep, neurosis, depression, apathy or dismals, chronic fatigue due to imbalance in rest and work hours ratio.
In order to normalize or reduce the risk of changes in the blood pressure range for men, there are some recommendations to be followed:
- Do regular physical exercises of different intensity, for example, daily walking, gymnastics, riding a bike and active lifestyle in general.
- Keep a diet enriched with vitamins and minerals. Men should diversify their diet, better to exclude all fatty foods - one of the main causes of high blood pressure.
- Take contrast shower every day (alternating cold or cool / hot or warm water) and regular wellness massage. These measures are recommended for men over 45 years old mostly.
- To prevent dehydration, men should drink lots of water (about 2-3 liters per day). Mineral water or natural juices are best for this.
- Refrain from soda and sugary drinks. Coffee or tea may help to increase the blood pressure and improve the blood circulation.
- Avoid or minimize the number of stressful situations and other factors that may cause overwork.
A healthy lifestyle is the best way to prevent many diseases. Men should enjoy their daily activities; feel that their family and other people need them. Negative emotions for men with cardiovascular diseases are often a decisive factor, provoking a sharp and strong increase or decrease in the blood pressure.
Measurement of the blood pressure range in men.
The blood pressure levels in men can vary greatly throughout a day: usually it is the lowest during sleep, then it's getting higher by the morning, and the highest is at daytime activity. It is important that in male patients suffering from hypertension, the night blood pressure level is higher than the blood pressure throughout a day. Such patients need to measure the blood pressure range several times a day.
Typically, the blood pressure is measured on a man's forearm. For this procedure, BP tonometers are used:
Mechanic tonometers are safe and efficient medical tool for measurement of the blood pressure range. Their price is one of the main advantages of these tonometers. You can buy mechanic tonometers on online pharmacies at best prices.
Usually, electronic tonometers are more expensive than mechanic tonometers, yet they have many advantages. First of all, they are easy to use. Secondly, they give you the whole range of functions, the mechanic tonometers don't have, for example:
- Handy and informative display
- Easy and fast blood pressure measurement
- Diagnostics of different types of arrhythmia
- Highest accuracy measurement
- PC connectivity
The scheme of the blood pressure range for men will help to understand which measures are best to use to improve the indices. Normal blood pressure range allows to prevent many problems that may occur in future.