New treatment for ED
Avanafil is a new drug in the US for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in adult men. It is a modern new PDE5 inhibitor with a molecular formula, which has been approved by the FDA in 2012. Avanafil supplier in the US is the company Vivus.
Avanafil is produced under the brand name Stendra in tablets of 50 mg, 100 mg and 200 mg. This new drug for increasing potency is a situational erection stimulant. Several recommendations should be follower to improve sexual function, when using Avanafil:
- Avanafil tablets are recommended to be taken in a dose of 100 mg per day, when necessary, about half an hour before the upcoming sexual intercourse.
- Avanafil dose should be reduced to 50 mg per day in low personal tolerability.
- Sexual stimulation is required for achieving an erection after the intake of Avanafil pills.
- Avanafil dose may be increased to 200 mg per day, if the erection is not achieved in excitation, or when its strength is not sufficient for a full sexual intercourse.
Avanafil tablets are designed for improving sexual function in adult males only. Avanafil tablets are contraindicated in boys and young men under 18 years, as well as in men with severe renal or hepatic impairment.
Men with mild or moderate renal or hepatic insufficiency, as well as geriatric patients, are advised to take Avanafil in the minimum dose of 50 mg per day.
Avanafil tablets do not have any therapeutic effect on women and do not contribute to strengthening of women’s sexual desire. However, high doses of Avanafil may cause adverse reactions, when used in women.
Avanafil is safe for erectile dysfunction mono-therapy. However, caution is recommended, when using it with some other drugs. This is due to the fact that Avanafil can interact with drugs of different pharmacological groups:
- Just like vasoactive drugs of previous generations, Avanafil is contraindicated in combination with antianginal drugs (Nitroglycerin) and an alpha-blockers (Doxazosin aka Cardura).
- Antianginal drugs are recommended to be taken not earlier than 12 hours after Avanafil intake.
- Avanafil should not be taken jointly with other medicines for potency improvement, such as Tadalafil (Cialis), Sildenafil (Viagra) and Vardenafil (Levitra).
- Avanafil tablets may increase the hypotensive effects of certain drugs, such as Clonidine (brand name Catapres) or Riociguat (Adempas).
- Avanafil dose should be lowered to 50 mg, when used in combination with moderate inhibitors of the enzyme CYP3A4 (Fosamprenavir aka Lexiva). Avanafil is contraindicated for use together with potent inhibitors of the enzyme CYP3A4 (Itraconazole aka Onmel).
- Alcohol may increase the hypotensive effect of Avanafil and cause headache, heart palpitations or dizziness. Therefore, it is not recommended to consume alcohol-containing beverages, foods or medicines, while using Avanafil.
Avanafil helps restore sympathetic innervation of the penis vessels, resulting from the organic or psychological disorders, caused by endocrine and cardiovascular diseases, surgical interventions on the urogenital system organs, stress, and trauma of the pelvic organs.
Avanafil is effective in the treatment of male sexual dysfunction, caused by the use of drugs, containing the female hormone estrogen. Therefore, Avanafil is recommended for improving erections in men after the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
A special feature of Avanafil therapeutic effect is the suppression of PDE5 synthesis in the male body, which leads to:
- increased rigidity of the penis;
- increased blood flow to the cavernous bodies of the penis;
- improved quality, duration, and hardness of erection;
- improved process of nitric oxide synthesis in the cavernous bodies of the penis;
- increased concentration of the enzyme guanylate cyclase in the cavernous bodies.
Changes in lifestyle, giving up bad habits, adherence to a healthy diet and daily regimen may not only increase the efficiency of Avanafil. They may also have a positive impact on the overall health of men and improve the treatment results of the root causes for the potency deterioration.
The root causes of erectile dysfunction should be identified and treated to improve the efficiency of Avanafil. Avanafil may increase the risk of some diseases exacerbation. Therefore, patients are recommended to read carefully the instructions for this medication before using it.
- Avanafil has vasoactive properties just like drugs for the erection improvement of previous generations. It not only promotes blood circulation in the genital organs, but also may have a slight hypotensive effect.
- Therefore, men with low blood pressure are advised to take Avanafil with caution, especially in combination with antihypertensive drugs (Verapamil aka Verelan).
- Physical load during sexual activity increases the risk of cardiovascular complications. For this reason, patients with a history of severe heart diseases (aortic stenosis, myocardial infarction, coronary revascularization) are not recommended to use Avanafil.
The new medicine, intended for restoring male reproductive function, Avanafil is widely used in medical practice in the United States. It has many advantages over the vasoactive drugs of previous generations:
The results of three clinical trials demonstrate that Avanafil has a higher efficiency and a higher safety profile than Vardenafil, Sildenafil and Tadalafil.
The therapeutic effect of Avanafil onsets a lot faster within 15-20 minutes after the pills intake.
The risk of Avanafil adverse reactions is very low. It may rarely cause nasal congestion, headaches, swelling or pain in the back.
Avanafil may be taken at any time, even during meals. Food does not affect the onset speed of Avanafil therapeutic effect or its effectiveness.
Today, Avanafil in the US is considered one of the most effective and safest vasoactive drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Avanafil is widely recognized by experts in the field of urology and sexology, as well as by their patients.